What To Do If You Are Having Problems With Your Mortgage...
Are you behind on your mortgage or feel that you will fall behind soon?
If so, take action now. Facing the problem quickly and knowledgeably will help you turn a negative situation into a positive one. Here are important steps to take to address your situation:
- Don't ignore the problem
The further behind you become, the harder it will be to reinstate your loan and the more likely that you will lose your house and experience future credit problems.
- Contact your lender as soon as you realize you may have a problem
If your mortgage is with Silver State Schools Credit Union, call us at 800.357.9654. We will also need you to complete and submit the BORROWER WORKABLE SOLUTION PERSONAL FINANCIAL STATEMENT (EN ESPAÑOL).
Make sure you have the following documents and information ready before completing the packet:
It is the goal of Silver State Schools Credit Union to determine each borrower's individual situation and discuss the best alternative or option for the member and the Credit Union.
- Your loan account number.
- A brief explanation of your circumstances.
- Recent income documents such as Pay stubs and Benefit Statements from Social Security, Disability, Unemployment, Retirement, or Public Assistance. If you are Self-employed, have your tax returns or a Year-to-date Profit and Loss Statement available for reference.
- Most recent two months credit union/bank statements.
- List of household expenses.
- Look into the "Nevada Hardest Hit Fund®" programs
The credit union is a participating lender with many of the "Nevada Hardest Hit Fund®" programs. For more information please view the information provided on this weblink: www.nevadahardesthitfund.nv.gov.
- Avoid foreclosure prevention companies
These companies will charge you a hefty fee for information and services that your lender will provide free.
- Don't lose your house to foreclosure recovery scams
If anyone claims they can stop your foreclosure immediately if you sign a document appointing them to act on your behalf, you may well be signing over the title to your property! Never sign a legal document without reading and understanding all the terms and obtaining professional advice from an attorney or a trusted real estate professional.
NOTE: THE HIRING OF AN ATTORNEY, BY A MEMBER, TO ASSIST WITH A FINANCIAL HARDSHIP REQUEST IS NOT A COST THAT WILL BE PAID BY SILVER STATE SCHOOLS CREDIT UNION. THIS INCLUDES ATTORNEY FEES WHEN ASSISTING MEMBERS WITH A SHORT SALE, DEED IN LIEU OR A FORECLOSURE.