Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
Silver State Schools Mortgage Company participates in HARP which helps qualified homeowners who are “underwater” to refinance their mortgage. With HARP, the loan-to-value cap has been removed providing refinancing opportunity for Fannie Mae loans even if the loan balance is significantly more than the value of the home. HARP is available for primary, second home and investment properties (1 to 4 units).
To qualify for HARP:
- The mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae.
- The mortgage must have been sold to Fannie Mae on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage cannot have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March-May 2009.
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio must be greater than 80%.
- You must be current on the mortgage at the time of the refinance, with a good payment history in the past 12 months.
Determine if you have a Fannie Mae
loan by visiting fanniemae.com/loanlookup
To learn more about HARP visit makinghomeaffordable.gov