Silver State Schools Credit Union is always looking for ways to enhance our products and services to members. We are pleased to provide Overdraft Privilege, a convenient service that also adds value to your Silver State Schools Credit Union checking account.
If you have ever made a mistake in your checking account, or written a check for more money than the available balance in the account, you are aware of the expenses and problems associated with inadvertent non-sufficient funds items. We want to help you avoid these situations.
Overdraft Privilege is available to eligible checking accounts. Rather than automatically returning, unpaid, any non-sufficient funds checks or automatic debits that you may have, we will consider, without obligation on our part, payment of your reasonable overdrafts, as long as you maintain your account in good standing.
· Requires no action on your part
· Does not require you to sign any additional documents
· Costs you nothing unless you use it
Overdraft Privilege CAN MEAN:
· Payment of overdrafts created by check, automatic debit or recurring debit transactions up to $800 will normally be considered on eligible Personal Checking Accounts!
· You may avoid very expensive charges from merchants for returned payments
· You may avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience of dishonored payments
· Overdraft Privilege is available for Internet Bill Payment Transactions!
Also, we may authorize ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card purchases which may overdraw your account if you have provided us with your consent to do so.
Additionally, if you would like access to the Overdraft Privilege Service for ATM withdrawals and One-Time Debit Card purchases, you’ll need to click on the Opt In button below and complete the “opt-in” form. You can also call us at (800) 357-9654. Once you “opt-in” we will send you a letter to confirm your choice.
Our normal non-sufficient funds or overdraft charges will apply to each item that would create an overdraft on your account. We will send you a notice each time an overdraft occurs.
We also offer an overdraft protection line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard practices. To learn more, ask us about this product.
Of course, we can’t promise to pay every overdraft and we are never obligated to pay your overdrafts, even if your account is in good standing and even though we may have previously paid overdrafts for you. RESTRICTIONS DO APPLY and you should read the Overdraft Privilege Policy.