Your SSSCU savings account or personal line of credit may be used to
provide overdraft protection for your SSSCU checking account. So you'll
have the extra security of knowing your checks will be honored when
life's little emergencies occur. You will still be charged an overdraft transfer fee service non-sufficient funds fee.
But you will be saved the additional, and often steep, expense of
another fee being charges by the receiving merchant or business.
- Save embarrassment and inconvenience of returned checks
- Saves the return check fee assessed by merchant of receiving financial institution
- Protects you against simple mistakes
- Automatically covers you if you overdraw your account
- Coverage protects against ATM withdrawals as well as check and debit card transactions
Courtesy Pay is our new safety net that covers overdrafts from
checks, ATM withdrawals, ACH (for automatic bill payments), and
debit/check card transactions. A Courtesy Pay fee of $32 will be assessed for each overdraft.
How to get Courtesy Pay
If you want Courtesy Pay, you need to opt in. If you
don't have either Courtesy Pay or Overdraft Protection from a Regular
Savings Account or Personal Line of Credit, we can't cover the
shortfalls that may occur at the store, gas station, ATM, or wherever
else you swipe your Visa® Debit card.
Courtesy Pay is not available for members who have an Overdraft Line of Credit account.
Checking Protection options include Overdraft Line of Credit and
Automatic Savings Transfers.