What To Do If You Are Facing Financial Hardship
Are you behind on your loan(s) or feel that you will fall behind soon?
If so, take action now. Facing the problem quickly and knowledgeably will help you turn a negative situation into a positive one. Here at SSSCU we are committed to our members, and offer solutions when financial distress occurs. We offer short term and long term assistance for all of our loans.
Short Term Assistance
We require every member who completes an assistance request to fill out our How Can We Assist? form. This form will help us determine the best solution to help with your financial hardship. The form does require employment information, and paycheck stubs for verification.
Don't ignore the problem
The further behind you become, the harder it will be to reinstate your loan and the more likely it is that you will experience future credit problems.
Make sure you have the following documents and information ready before completing the form:
- Your loan account number
- Indicate the loan(s) for which you need assistance
- A brief explanation of your circumstance
- Current paycheck stubs or unemployment payment stubs
We also have long term assistance if the situation is ongoing or may be permanent.
If so, take action now. Facing the problem quickly and knowledgeably will help you turn a negative situation into a positive one.
Contact your lender as soon as you realize you may have a problem
If your loan is with Silver State Schools Credit Union, call us at 800.357.9654. We also need you to complete and submit the BORROWER WORKABLE SOLUTION PERSONAL FINANCIAL STATEMENT (EN ESPAÑOL).
Make sure you have the following documents and information ready before completing the packet:
- Your loan account number.
- A brief explanation of your circumstances.
- Recent income documents such as Pay stubs and Benefit Statements from Social Security, Disability, Unemployment, Retirement, or Public Assistance. If you are Self-employed, have your tax returns or a Year-to-date Profit and Loss Statement available for reference.
- Most recent two months credit union/bank statements.
- List of household expenses.
It is the goal of Silver State Schools Credit Union to determine each borrower's individual situation and discuss the best alternative or option for the member and the Credit Union.