The common bond for our members is the educational industry. Silver State Schools Credit Union service area is the entire state of Nevada, and we serve:
- Persons who work in or are volunteers, trustees or board members of public or private schools, colleges,
universities, school districts or educational associations located in the state of Nevada.
- Persons aged 16 and older enrolled in the above schools, colleges, universities, school districts or educational associations.
- Persons who are retirees, pensioners, annuitants of public or private schools, colleges, universities, school districts or educational associations.
In addition, we serve:
- Persons who are employees or retirees of this credit union and its affiliates.
- Any Persons, age 16 and over, who are members of Vegas PBS, Channel 10, Southern Nevada's public broadcasting television station. You may join online at http://www.vegaspbs.org/donate/ or at any of our branch locations.
- Persons who are employees of the following companies who work in Las Vegas, Nevada: Abbott's Audio and Video, Creel Printing & Publishing, IKON Office Solutions, Trans Health Incorporated, Mojave Mental Health Services, Nextel Communications/Partners, Northern Pipeline Construction Co., The Holman Group, Trinity Life Center.
- Members of the following stakes of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the State of Nevada: Lakes, Las Vegas, Lone Mountain, Meadows, Redrock, Sandstone, South.
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union, persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employers, members of their immediate families.
- Immediate family members* of eligible members of SSSCU.
- Persons living in the same household (maintaining a single economic unit) as eligible members of this credit union
* Includes any relative by blood, marriage, or adoption at the time they are sponsored and who are within the 4th degree of kindred, i.e. parents, grandparents, husband, wife, children (natural, step, adopted, and under legal guardianship), brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, first cousins and in-laws of a SSSCU member who either is or was in the field of membership of SSSCU. Immediate family members may join SSSCU even though the primary member does not.