ANNUAL MEETING NOTICE
72nd Annual Meeting of Members | 10am, Saturday, April 30, 2022 | Virtual Meeting | 630 Trade Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Silver State Schools Credit Union is pleased to announce that the following members have been nominated as candidates for two positions on the Board of Directors. Further nominations may be forthcoming by petition (deadline, March 21, 2022). The biographical information on these nominees follows:
Mitch Fox (Incumbent)
• Community/Public Service: Member, SSSCU Board, since 2000; Western Governors University Advisory Board since 2019; Southern Nevada American Red Cross Board of Directors, 2015-2016; Voting member of the Nevada Commission on Homeland Security; Board Member, Vegas Chamber 401K Retirement Plans Committee; Board member, Nevada Open Government Coalition.
• Career: President & CEO, Nevada Broadcasters Association, 2018-present; Nevada State Director, Porter Group, 2016-2018; Director of Communications, City of North Las Vegas, 2014-2016; Associate Pastor, The Church LV 2008-2014; Production/Programming Manager, Producer and Broadcast Journalist, Vegas PBS 1978-2006.
• Education: B.A. from UCLA with two National Press Foundations Fellowships on Telecommunications and Multiracial Society.
• Statement of Purpose: I’ve served on the Board of Directors for more than 21 years and I want to use that experience and my passion for the credit union movement to protect, advocate and promote the Silver State Schools Credit Union and ensure that its members receive the best customer service and the most competitive rates in the state.
Javier Trujillo (Incumbent)
• Community/Public Service: Member, SSSCU Board, 2015-2020, 2022-present; Member, New Mexico Hispanic Heritage Committee, 2021-Present; Member, Nevada State Public Charter School Authority, 2021; Member, Community Advisory Board, Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV, 2014-2020; Member, Nevada Arts Council, 2012-2015; Chairman of the Board, Latin Chamber of Commerce, 2012-2014.
• Career: McGraw Hill, 2021-present; Achieve3000, Inc., 2020-2021; City of Henderson, 2008-present; New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson for President, Inc., 2007-2008; Clark County School District, 2002-2007; Tucson Unified School District, 2000-2002; Walt Disney World, Inc., 1997-2000.
• Education: MBA, University of Phoenix; BS, University of Phoenix; University of Arizona.
• Statement of Purpose: As a proud member of SSSCU since 2002, my primary goal is to optimize member services and to protect our members’ assets through responsible financial stewardship. I am committed to the continued success of SSSCU and will work with the Board of Directors and executive leadership to make sure decisions reflect the best interests of the credit union and, most importantly, our members.
Absent any qualified member petition, the election will not be conducted by ballot. Nominations for the open positions may be made by petition signed by one percent (%) of the members with a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 500. There will be no nominations from the floor at the Annual Meeting when there is at least one nominee for each position to be filled.
The 72nd Annual Meeting of Members will be a virtual meeting. A registration link to the virtual meeting will be provided at a later date. Information will be posted on the Credit Union’s website by visiting silverstatecu.com/news.