ANNUAL MEETING NOTICE
68th Annual Meeting of Members | 10am, Saturday, April 21, 2018 | McLeod Branch Training Room | 4221 McLeod Drive, Las Vegas, NV
Silver State Schools Credit Union is pleased to announce that the following members have been nominated as candidates for two positions on the Board of Directors. Further nomination may be forthcoming by petition (deadline, March 13, 2018). The biographical information on these nominees follows:
George Ann Rice (Incumbent)
• Community/Public Service: Member, SSSCU Board, since 1997; 60-year resident of Las Vegas
• Career: Retired Associate Superintendent of Human Resources for the Clark County School District; Member of the California and the Nevada Bar Associations and ASCD
• Education: BA Ed, UNR; MBA, UNLV; Ed.D, UNLV; JD, UCLA
• Statement of Purpose: The Board’s primary goals are service to members and protection of members’ assets. I am a contributing member of the Board, bringing to it my knowledge, skills, and commitment. I wish to continue my work as a Board member.
Mary Beth Scow (Nominee)
• Community/Public Service: Boy Scouts Board of Directors, the Las Vegas Philharmonic Advisory Board, and the UNLV Department of Education Advisory Board. Scow received the CCSD Excellence in Education Hall of Fame award. She has held positions on the Clark County Debt Management Commission, the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition, and the Nevada Association of School Boards Board of Directors.
• Career: 12 years, CCSD Board of Trustees, including the roles of Clerk of the Board, Vice President and President; 6 ½ years, Clark County Commissioner; Chair of the Southern Nevada Water Authority, and Chair of the Southern Nevada Health District.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in community health education from Brigham Young University.
• Statement of Purpose: I have been an active and passionate participant in the Southern Nevada community for over 40 years. I would like to extend my service to include the members of Silver State Schools Credit Union and protecting the institution we hold dear.
Absent any qualified member petition, the election will not be conducted by ballot. Nominations for the open positions may be made by petition signed by one percent (%) of the members with a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 500. There will be no nominations from the floor at the Annual Meeting when there is at least one nominee for each position to be filled.