67th Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting Notice
67th Annual Meeting of Members | 10am, Saturday, April 22, 2017 | McLeod Branch Training Room | 4221 McLeod Drive, Las Vegas, NV
Silver State Schools Credit Union is pleased to announce that the following members have been nominated as candidates for three positions on the Board of Directors. Further nomination may be forthcoming by petition (deadline, March 13, 2017). The biographical information on these nominees follows:
Terry Mannion (Incumbent)
- Community/Public Service: Member, SSSCU Board; Greater Las Vegas Inner City Games, After School All Stars, Governors Nevada Holocaust Committee, Henderson Redevelopment Board, Henderson Planning Commission, Paradise Town Board, Dixie College Foundation, Girl Scouts of America, Nevada Interscholastic Activities, LDS Church.
- Career: 1961–1992 CCSD - Teacher, Counselor, Dean, Summer School Principal, Assistant Principal, Principal, Director of Secondary Education, Assistant Superintendent of High Schools and Secondary Curriculum.
- Education: Dixie College High School, University of Utah – BS Education and Counseling, Brigham Young University – MS Counsel / Admin, UNLV – Recertification’s.
- Statement of Purpose: SSSCU has been our financial institution since we came to Las Vegas to teach in 1961. They provided our first home loan down payment. I want others to have the same excellent member services Jack and I have experienced. SSSCU has my complete attention and dedication to continue excellent financial solutions for all we serve.
Joyce Woodhouse (Incumbent)
- Community/Public Service: Member, SSSCU Board; Nevada State Senator, Hugh O’Brien Leadership, Voices in Voting/Kids Voting Southern Nevada Board of Directors, Nevada Public Employees Retirement System Board of Trustees, Nevada State Education Association, Southern Nevada Science Education Consortium.
- Career: CCSD 1966–1989 - Teacher, Assistant Principal, Principal; CCSD 1989–2006 - Director, School-Community Partnership Program.
- Education: Carroll College - BA, UNLV - 2 Masters Degrees in Curriculum and Instruction and in Educational Leadership.
- Statement of Purpose: As a longtime SSSCU Board Member I am committed to giving the time necessary, and to sharing the expertise I possess, to meet the challenges of the future to provide excellent service to our members.
Walt Rulffes (Incumbent)
- Community/Public Service: Member, SSSCU Board; Girl Scouts of America, United Way, and Washington State School Employees Credit Union; Volunteers with Rotary Club, Opportunity Village, Catholic Charities, Salvation Army.
- Career: CCSD Superintendent 2005–2011; CCSD CFO 1999–2005; adjunct instructor at 3 universities, K-12 business administrator.
- Education: MBA Finance; PhD Educational Leadership.
- Statement of Purpose: To provide representation for SSSCU members to establish and maintain a systematic savings program; to provide a source of reliable credit; to offer competitive rates for loans and dividends; to maintain low-cost membership services, and to present a positive image in the community.
Absent any qualified member petition, the election will not be conducted by ballot. Nominations for the open positions may be made by petition signed by one percent (%) of the members with a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 500. There will be no nominations from the floor at the Annual Meeting when there is at least one nominee for each position to be filled.
67th Annual Meeting
Release Date: 2/15/2017