Protection when it matters
Life can get very busy for all of us and simple mistakes sometimes happen. We provide a service to our members to protect you in the event that you accidentally overdraw your checking account.
This service pays checks, ATM transactions*, debit card transactions*, and ACH charges on your behalf in situations where you may have insufficient funds. This service is applied only after your other overdraft protection options have been exhausted.
- You may avoid high charges from merchants for returned checks or automatic payments.
- You may avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience of checks and automatic payments not being honored.
- Payment of your occasional and inadvertent overdrafts up to your assigned Overdraft Privilege Limit of $800 will normally be considered. These limits include our customary fees set out in our Rate & Fee Schedule. Our fees will be added to any outstanding overdrafts you may have and will be applied against your Overdraft Privilege Limit.
- Items exceeding your available balance will be returned as non-sufficient funds (NSF).
- You may be subject to merchant/retailer fees resulting from the NSF, in addition to the Credit Union’s NSF fee.
*If you have questions regarding what other overdraft protection options are available to you please visit any one of our locations or you can call us at 800.357.9654.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
You do not have to apply for or sign any additional documents for this service for checks, ACH or recurring debit transactions. It is already a part of your Checking Account Agreement with us.
WILL I BE CHARGED A FEE?
There is no fee to have this service on your account. You are only charged if you use it. Members will be charged the normal $32.00 fee for each paid item presented. Whether the item is paid or returned, the member will be assessed the same overdraft fee. Please see our Rate and Fee Schedule for details.
Quick Note: One fee is better than two! If we did not cover your overdraft, you would pay twice – one fee from the credit union and one from the merchant. Merchants and retailers set their own fees for returned items, typically between $25 and $75 per item.
*If you want us to pay ATM and one time debit card transactions that would overdraw your account we need your affirmative consent to do so (see more about OPT-IN below).
REGULATION E OPT IN:
WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO OPT-OUT…
If funds in your account are not available, ATM and everyday debit card transactions will be declined.
WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO OPT-IN…
You’re authorizing us to pay overdrafts on everyday debit card and ATM transactions. This is in addition to what we’ll automatically pay for you as part of our standard Overdraft Privilege service (checks, ACH, and/or automatic bill payments) up to your assigned limit.
If you want to OPT-IN to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, please visit any one of our branch locations or you can call us at 800.357.9654.