Protecting your identity is a priority
Identity Theft occurs when someone acquires your personal identifying information and utilizes your information with the intent to commit fraud. Things you can do to help protect yourself and your identity:
- Install virus protection on your computer.
- Ensure to shred/destroy documents that contain any of your personal information.
- Store documents with personal information in a secured area.
- Secure your mail.
- Make it a habit to check your credit report and monitor it for accuracy.
- Defend your personal information. Ask questions before giving out personal identifying information.
- Consider purchasing identity monitoring servicing.
If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, follow the steps below to mitigate further fraud:
: Contact Silver State Schools Credit Union at 800.357.9654
: Contact at least one of the credit reporting agencies to place a free fraud alert on your credit report and request a copy of your credit report.
- Experian: 1.888.397.3742
- Equifax: 1.800.525.6285
- TransUnion: 1.800.680.7289
: File a police report with local law enforcement.
: Report Identity Theft with the Federal Trade Commission by visiting www.IdentityTheft.gov.
: Contact other creditors to notify them of potential fraud and/or identity theft.
If you suspect any fraudulent activity on your account, please contact Silver State Schools Credit Union immediately. you can contact us in the following methods: